This is just a post announcing that Ammo 1.0 has been released (changelog). After a couple months in the 0.x range, I feel it's ready to be pushed up to 1.0. Hopefully soon I can create some tutorials for the library; the documentation is complete and up-to-date, but documentation isn't particularly good at conveying the big picture.
Anyway, if you've got any feedback on the library, please let me know.Read more
Well, it's been some time since I've released a test build for Illusive Dreams hasn't it? Work on it has been very slow lately; both I and Jeremiah haven't done all that much on it during the last few months. Nevertheless, a lot has happened to the game since the last test build, and I thought it best to release a new one before I go off to Brisbane. You can find the build here: /games/illusive-dreams/test. Any feedback, suggestions, etc., would be most welcome.Read more
The fourth test build for Illusive Dreams has been released. Chapter two has been finished, with nine new levels, in-game text replacing cutscenes, and many other modifications and fixes.
I haven't been able to do anything with the commonly reported "white screen" bug, as I'm not able to reproduce myself. Please let me know if it occurs in this build. If it hasn't disappeared, I'll have to put more effort towards hunting it down.
Anyway, all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Read more
I've now released the third test build for Illusive Dreams, and as usual, it's bigger than the last one. There's eight new levels, re-arrangements of previous levels, another night time music track, and many modifications and fixes. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
I've just released the second test build for Illusive Dreams. This build has six new levels, two music tracks, chapters for level ordering (although there's only one at present), and a number of other modifications and fixes. Once again, I'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you might have, as it really helps to improve the game. Thanks!
Quite a bit has happened (as usual) since the last update via my blog. I've created more levels, added a system for chapters, and many other changes and additions. But there are two main things which I'll cover in this post.
First is the release of a test build of the game. I needed some people to test the game, to find problems and things that could be improved (the main thing of interest for me was the difficulty). A few people (negativeview, @PeteDevlin, @b1naryth1ef, and @headchant; thanks guys!) volunteered to test it, and gave me some pretty helpful feedback. I plan to release another test build sometime soon.Read more
A couple days ago I felt like doing a quick game for a little change from the game I've been working on for the last seven weeks. For some reason, I decided that limiting myself to only one pixel would be a cool idea. So last night, in an hour and a half, using FlashPunk, I put together a Simon Says remake called Pixel Says.
Obviously, the only thing that I wasn't able to do successfully with one pixel is have instructions given inside the game; other than that it was perfectly possible to do.Read more
This post is to announce the release of the first version of my game, Facilitated Escape (other than the one submitted to Ludum Dare). I've been working on it for nearly two weeks since I started work during Ludum Dare 21.
The game revolves around escaping a collapsing facility in your rocket, dodging oncoming "blocks" that are in your path. It's got quite a retro feel to it, with pixel art and 8-bit music.
Anyway, I won't repeat what I've already written, you can get more information and download the game from its page. Also, I'd really like to hear your comments and suggestions regarding it.Read more
This morning I released strong 1.0.2, which adds three new methods to the mix:
center is the complement to
rjust, and the others are from Rails' extensions to Ruby's String class. Take note, they aren't yet documented in the function reference.
Anyway, go and grab 1.0.2 at its repo. Enjoy!
For the last few days I've been working on a library called "strong". It's a string enhancement library for Lua. Strong adds a few operators to strings, and many methods to Lua's string library. I've already written more information in the README and the wiki, which you can go to for more information. Here's the direct link to the GitHub repo by the way.Read more
The final version of AMFPHP v2.0, my ActionScript library for working with AMFPHP, has been released. A number of things have been changed since the beta version and I'm going to go over them here.
First of all I'll introduce the new CallQueue class. This class acts has some similarities with CallSet, and it's functionality is to move a list of call objects up a queue (in the first in first out order) calling them as limitations allow. Say we have 10 calls to make, and we put them in a queue like this:Read more